Laurel Hicks, PhD, LCSW, PMH-C offers counseling in-person in South Denver, and virtually in Colorado and Michigan. She also offers coaching (online) to individuals who are looking to bring more balance and health into their lives. You can read more about counseling services here: www.laurelhicks.com or contact Laurel directly.
Many individuals and couples begin their journey into parenthood with much excitement and hope – believing it will be everything it’s promised to be. However, this profound life transition and personal transformation can come with many unexpected and difficult challenges – challenges that can leave individuals and couples feeling blindsided, devastated, alone, and overwhelmed. Are you saying to yourself, “this isn’t at all what I expected?” or “why didn’t anyone tell me?” If you are, you are certainly not alone.
- Are you experiencing the heartache of a miscarriage or loss?
- Are you on the infertility roller coaster? Feeling like having a baby is never going to happen? Like you are the only one in this baby abundant world that can’t get pregnant?
- Are you pregnant and unhappy or anxious? Wondering how you are going to cope with a new baby?
- Is this ‘magical’ time feeling like anything but?
- Have you been diagnosed with Postpartum Depression?
- Wondering if this is how motherhood is supposed to feel?
- Worried about how your marriage or partnership is going to survive?
Mindful Mamas offers a safe and compassionate space to talk, to cry, to be angry, to share those thoughts and feelings you feel you can’t. To let go of the pressure to be strong, perfect, or in control. Our prenatal and postnatal counselling & support services can help you feel less alone, offer you some relief, and a renewed sense of hope that things will get better. To feel all the emotions of this profound journey without being distressed, overwhelmed, or controlled by them. And it’s a place where couples can reconnect when the challenges of this journey are pulling them apart.
Laurel Hicks, MSW, RSW is a registered social worker in Ontario and specializes in prenatal / postnatal wellness. She is currently pursuing a PhD in Clinical Social Work and Infant Mental Health and is passionate about working with mothers and fathers. Many extended health care benefits cover individual counselling with a registered social worker, so be sure to check with your insurance.